At iSB Group, we’re all about innovation. We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again – why do something for the sake of it, when you could be doing it better?
This commitment to continuous improvement is borne out across our range, which we are constantly developing and expanding in line with the latest products being brought to market.
One such product range is the new Gravity-0 safety trainers from Exena. Infused with the latest in fabric technologies and ergonomic design, these safety trainers offer the highest levels of comfort, stability, and energy-return, as well as a host of practical features that make them a great choice for a variety of logistics and warehousing roles.
What is the Gravity-0 range?
Gravity-0 is the latest range of safety trainers from safety footwear specialists Exena, manufactured at the company’s facilities in Europe.
Featuring unique air-hole technology in the sole, ergonomically-designed heel stabilisers and easy-fit fabric technology, they aim to offer the wearer ultimate comfort and practicality (if not a feeling of weightlessness, as the name suggests!)
Each of the safety trainers in the range is named after a planet or other feature in our solar system, including the Earth, the Moon, the Sun, Mercury, Jupiter and Saturn.
Gravity-0 safety trainers: Key features
The primary feature of the Gravity-0 range is its unique dual-density sole unit, which exploits the natural shock-absorbing properties of air. Air tunnels running across the sole unit are equally distributed throughout the entire plantar arch, allowing for continuous air flow and so infinite energy return.
Unlike in other safety trainers, where this energy return or rebound comes from a man-made material insert inside the sole unit that could perish over time, the Gravity-0 range exploits a natural, unlimited and indestructible element that is all around us all the time: air.
According to the company, this results in more than 60% more energy absorption and return than standard.
Other important features of the Gravity-0 range are:
- Easy-Fit upper made from a soft, breathable elastic sock which keeps feet clean from dust and other external agents, while removing the need for laces.
- Stabilizer technology in the heel, which holds the foot in place, protects against accidental impacts, and allows for better control in the event of sudden lateral movements.
- Tecno Text extremely resistant textile fibre, combining protection, lightness, and breathability.
- Micro-Tech ultra-light and resistant water repellent, breathable microfibre.
- Top-Mesh tear-resistant breathable lining.
- Ultra-light, extra comfort aluminium toecap capable of resisting up to 200 joules.
- Safeflex synthetic midsoles for conductive shoes.
- Breathable, antibacterial, lightweight soft polyurethane insole incorporating an air bubble in the heel area to maximise energy return.
Why has iSB chosen to stock the Gravity-0 range?
iSB Group is one of only a handful of distributors in the UK able to offer the Gravity-0 range.
“We’ve worked with Exena for a number of years and have always admired the company for its high-quality products and innovative designs. They have really hit the mark with the Gravity-0 range. The air-hole feature in the sole unit is something very different for the industry, which has previously relied on man-made products to create that rebound effect that helps prevent fatigue and jarring, as well as ‘giving back’ the energy put into each step. Without a doubt, these are amongst some of the most comfortable safety trainers available and we look forward to offering them to our customers.”
Nick Grinnell, iSB Group Director